Join and help conserve Australia’s history.
If you are interested and want to help why not become a member of Friends of Hampden Bridge for $50.
Who should join?
- Businesses that use Hampden Bridge
- Individuals that need Hampden Bridge to get to work or visit friends/family
- Kangaroo Valley community that need Hampden Bridge to continue village life
- Authorities that recognise Hampden Bridge’s economic role to the region
Why should you join?
- Hampden Bridge is iconic Victorian engineering heritage that symbolises part of Australia’s history. Its preservation for future generations will do much to enrich their appreciation of Early European Settlement
- Conserving assets helps to build respect in maintaining facilities and the more sustainable use of materials.
- Your membership fee will go to fund this website which provides restoration bulletins, heritage details and a public gallery
- Your membership fee will go towards producing a video documentary that will record the restoration process
100% of funds taken from joining will go to the set up and maintenance of the website. The accounts are independently audited. Please post a cheque for $50 payable to the Kangaroo Valley Tourist Association and your name and contacts details to: P.O.Box 6812, Kangaroo Valley, NSW 2577, NSW Australia.
How you can Help
You don’t have to be a member to help:
- Become a voluntary tour guide during the restoration progress, contact Chris Warren email: email@example.com
- Join in and help with the Restoration Celebration Party contact Lyn Obern email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tell your friends and family about this site and ask them to use it for road traffic and restorations details
- Encourage your friends and family to link their Facebook page to this site.
- Link it to your own websites for friends and guests to use.
These actions will help promote accurate and positive information on the heritage values of Hampden Bridge, and to negate negative information that might incorrectly suggest Kangaroo Valley is closed for business. IT IS OPEN. We want to avoid any misunderstanding by the public which would be catastrophic for the continuation of the community as it stands today.